Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pictures From The Present ; Snapshots of how I've spent this week

Week of 28th November - 4th December 2011

Polka Dot Nails
I don't think you can tell in this photo but that's a pale pink with black polka dots. These are nail stickers from Nail Ease and I've had compliments on them ALL week. Everyone keeps asking me if I did them myself..er, no, as if I could do that myself lol! 

Scrubs
Possibly the best show in the world! I purchased seasons 1 - 9 for the bargain price of £50! Nevermind the fact that I don't like the last season (as it's completely different with new characters) but it worked out £20 cheaper to buy the seasons 1 - 9 box set then if I'd just bought seasons 1 - 8. Anyway this is basically how I'll be spending the next few weeks, just watching Scrubs non stop haha!


My Avent Calender
Pretty cool, huh? Thanks Mum!



Our Christmas Tree
How pretty is it?! My mum does an amazing job every year of doing the tree. However, thanks to past years of seeing how stressed she gets and how snappy she gets with us, me and Dad usually tend to stay well clear when she puts it up!


Waddesdon Manor
We went to Waddesdon Manor today, which is basically this gigantic beautiful manor which was built in the Neo-Renaissance style of a French chateau for Baron Ferdinand de Rothschild (thank you Wikipedia!). We went for a Christmas food fayre they had on and planned to make the day off it but found upon arrival that you needed separate tickets for the tour of the house and they were sold out. It's a shame as they do up the house really lovely for Christmas but we're going to go another day. Meanwhile walking round the acres of the grounds was amazing, they were so pretty!


On the walk to the food fayre
All around the area that we were in were little fairy lights dotted everywhere - it was gorgeous and would have looked so romantic at night.


My Secret Santa Gift!
These arrived on Saturday! A MASSIVE thank you to my Secret Santa (whoever you are!) for these awesome and cute gifts! I couldn't be happier with them! Also a big thank you to Rachel from Life of a Sweetaholic for arranging the Secret Santa!


This week I've been...
Watching...Scrubs & loads of Christmas films!
Reading...Christmas at Tiffany's by Karen Swan + Amy Silver's One Minute To Midnight
Listening to...Michael Buble's Christmas album
Playing...The Sims Social on Facebook
Smelling of...Very Valentino Perfume for Women by Valentino
Perving on...Dougie Poynter! Yummy!
Loving...everything and anything to do with Christmas

This week has been fun! At the start of the week I found out some bad news regarding my job ; they only offer temporary contracts and renew them each month if they decide to keep you on but unfortunately mine and my friends contracts were not renewed. I was a little sad about it as its so close to Christmas but I definitely expected it - both me and my friend have taken a lot of time off because of how demanding the hours are. Therefore it wasn't really a surprise. Luckily for me I had saved a lot of money so I have enough to tide me over until I find another job and it also means I get Christmas off! 
I've spent most of this week catching up on sleep and doing everything I could think of to do with Christmas! Today visiting Waddesdon Manor was so much fun and definitely the highlight of my week!