Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Revlon - Little Box of Glamour

Hello everyone! I just thought I'd let you all know about a fab offer that's on with Revlon at the moment. I went in to Boot's in Leeds train station on Friday (where I met a lovely subscriber working at the counter! Hello!) whilst waiting for a train and was having a little browse around the makeup counters. I noticed that the Revlon stand had an offer on where if you spent £15 on their cosmetics, you got this fabulous little box of goodies!

 

Inside the gift you get 3 full sized products! Amazing! At first I thought they were just smaller, sample sizes and it wasn't until I brought it home to look inside I realised they were all the real deal! Altogether the items come to over £15 (£23.47 to be exact!) so it's well worth your pennies.

What it includes:

Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara in 'Blackest Black': 11.2 ml - £9.99
Revlon Nail Enamel in 'Gold Coin 146': 14.7 ml - £6.49
Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in 'Coral Reef' - 5.9 ml - £6.99
Revlon Voucher worth £3.00 valid until 22/03/2012


















 The Grow Luscious mascara has been raved about on YouTube and Blogs left right and center, so it's great to have the chance to try it out in this box! I haven't used it yet but it claims to plump up the lashes and actually make them grow longer and thicker! We'll see how it works out. The 'Gold Coin' nail varnish looks gorgeous! So shimmery and shiny and perfect for the festive season. Unfortunately I can't apply it just yet as I have an Orly Gel FX Manicure on. The lip gloss is lovely too, much more pigmented than what I'd expected, giving off a bright coral orange shade. See swatch above.

What I bought to get 'The Little Box of Glamour':

Revlon Color Burst Lip Gloss in 'Crystal Lilac 002': 5 ml - £7.99
Revlon Matte Eye Shadow in 'Rich Sable 009': 2.4 grams - £5.29
Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in 'Peach Petal 150': 5.9 ml - £6.99


As you can see from the swatches, the eye shadow is really nicely pigmented and applies very smoothly. It's a nice basic matte brown, a shade everyone needs! So handy for blending through the socket so create shadow and depth. The 'Crystal Lilac' lip gloss is another product people seem to love so had to pick this one up! It's a nice medium pink with blue/lilac shimmery running through it (great for making your teeth look whiter!). It is a very similar shade to 'Snob' lipstick from MAC. Finally, a lovely nude peach/pink lip gloss that I've also been eyeing up for a while - 'Peach Petal'. It's nice a pale and gives enough pigmentation to nude out your lips but not too much so that you look slightly on the dead side! Love this one and it's been on a few outings with my in my handbag ;)

Have any of you purchased some Revlon products to get their 'Little Box of Glamour'? If so, what did you buy? Let me know! Love you all :)