Thursday, December 1, 2011

REVIEW: Lakme Absolute Moonlit Highlighter

My next in line for review from the Lakme Absolute range was the baked eye shadows but because of popular demand I am jumping to review the Moonlit Highlighter first. When I first approached the Lakme counter, I was in double minds about purchasing the highlighter or the bronzer, but once I swatched both of them I realised that buying the highlighter was a better bet than the bronzer. Why? Three reasons, one is that the darker shade in the highlighter duo is very similar to the lighter shade in the bronzer. Second, the darker shade in the bronzer is really dark for my skin-tone. I am NC35-36 and I dont think I would ever wear the darker shade in the bronzer duo. The lighter shade suits me :) Thirdly, I already own the bronzer from the Lakme Fantasy collection and well didn't want another one from the same brand :P 
So, anyways coming back to the highlighter in question, I am really very impressed with it. It instantly lights up my complexion and gives a subtle glow to my skin when applied "strategically" :D Contrary to popular belief, even though it is shimmery, it can be very comfortably work during the day. I wear it to office even! :P

As far as the texture goes, it is really soft and smooth and has really fine glitter particles. I use it on my cheekbones, bridge of my nose, on my cupid's bow and vertically on the middle part of my under chin area and it does its job like magic :) The darker shade of the highlighter duo can be used for contouring :) Sighhh I was always wanted a multitasking duo like this one :) 
Image of the Product
Lakme Absolute Moonlit Highlighter
Swatches
Swatches
LOTD
Both shades of the highlighter used to contour my face
Ooohhsss and Aaaahhhss!!
1. It is extremely soft and smooth to apply
2. The glitter that it contains is not chunky but is rather fine.
3. It gives a subtle healthy glow to the skin.
4. It comes as a duo so is perfect for contouring as well.
5. It can be used as a face highlighter as well as on the brow bone
6. It is odorless
7. It does not cause any allergies or reactions. 
Ouches!
1. It has quite a bit of fall out.
2. Rs.600/- is a bit on the higher side. 
Price
INR 600.00 
Repurchase
Definitely, if it gets over! 
Would I Recommend?
Absolutely! It gives a subtle glow to the skin without looking OTT
Overall Rating
9/10