Friday, December 30, 2011

Meet The Bloggers: Beena of Beauty And Everything Else

This feature of "Meet The Bloggers" is special because of two reasons. One because it is the last Saturday of 2011 and second because today I am featuring on ISLM a very close and old friend of mine Beena :) Very few of you all know that Beena who I fondly call beenii is my college friend and my classmate :) We did our engineering together from MIT, Pune and have been friends since then. But then after college got over, we drifted apat, she got married and moved tot he US. And then? And then we met again on IMBB and well thanks to the beauty blogosphere, we are now closer than ever before :)


Of what I know of her, Beena is a very chilled out and a happy go lucky girl, with an ardent interest in dramatic eye make-up and also bright lips :) Her blog "Beauty And Everything Else" is a true reflection of what she is and how she sees the world :)



Full Name Please: Beena Chavan-Bandwalkar
Blog URL: http://beautyandeverythingelse.com
Since How Long Have You Been Blogging: A year now... Actually I was bogging on general stuff before -like 2-3 years back, but then I had to purge everything... I’m actively beauty/style blogging since last november :)

Your Favorite Blog (Apart from your own): IMBB, I-Simply-Love-Makeup (seriously Suma... you make me love colors all the more :)), Dulce Candy, Jessica Whitaker (that girl has amazing pics)

What does make-up mean to you: It makes me feel liberated... seriously... everytime I was under the weather or bored I used to create different eye looks or mix lippies and then wash off... It makes me smile (If I tell you I feel like an artist will you laugh at me?)

A Pretty or Hot Pic of yours with Make-up: 
Beena :)
How different is the make-up scene in the US from India:  Here they apply  nude makeup. like, nude-mostly brown -shadows. they concentrate more on the skin here. even if it means to wear 4 layers :)  Also, eyeliner is just coming up, its mostly tightlining. 
Lipstick girl or a Lip Gloss Girl: lipgloss :) but After my 1st MAC lipstick I want to get more.

Kajal or Eye Liner: Eye liner which I apply as Kajal- I have super oily lids :(

Black Smoky eyes and Nude Lips or Nude eyes and Red Lips: Smokey eyes and nude lips all the time - because I drink so much water and then you can find my lipstick on the glasses.... hehehehe
but sometimes I like red lips and easy eyes :)


Pink Nail Polish or Black Nail Polish: Black... Oh let me apply some now that I’m reminded.. heheh

Favorite brand of cosmetics for Lipsticks: MAC.... seriously! Maybelline comes a close second.

Favorite brand of cosmetics for Eye Shadows: I don't really have a favourite.... nope.. I can use them all but I need a good primer :)

Favorite brand of cosmetics for Eye Liners: Maybelline gel liners and Loreal stilleto liquid liner...
Also MAC technakohl (I got a jade green one the other day)


Favorite brand of cosmetics for Blushes: NYX - hands on! great value for money and they look fab :)

Favorite brand of cosmetics for Foundations: so far only revlon colorstay and a colorbar one suited my skin... right now I’m on a lookout for something nice. In fact after I mail this to you I’m going to a drugstore :)


Hope you liked reading this- I still have a long way to go in terms of makeup and technique but this is really a fun and different thing to do in our everyday routine mundane life....
also Suma please keep giving us your cutie pie posts and awesome eye-dos.... I LOVE them (yup, in capital :D)
hugggggssss