Saturday, December 3, 2011

REVIEW & EOTD: Lakme Absolute Baked Eye Shadow in Day Queen


I have always been an eye makeup person and so it was imminent that if I was to purchase stuff from the Lakme Absolute Range, one of the purchases had to be an eye-shadow. This perhaps is the first time that baked shadows have been launched in India and well it is a sign that cosmetic giants in the world are slowly recognizing us as a potentially big market :) Do you know what this means? It means we can now hope for loads of new product launches :) So, anyways coming back to baked eye shadows, I already own one from Maybelline called the Navy Narcissist. So this is my second baked eye shadow and well I am not really impressed :(
Lakme Absolute Baked Eye Shadow in Day Queen is an eye shadow duo in two tones of shimmery green shadow. As you can see, one shade is a pale green while the other is a shimmery Olive Green. As expected the Olive Green shade is more pigmented while the light green is hopeless. Yes I know baked shadows perform better when wet but trust me that didn't really help much either :( All in all this is one product that kinda disappointed me :(
Image of the Product
Lakme Absolute Baked Shadow in Day Queen
Swatches
Light Shade Dry and Wet; Dark Shade Dry and Wet
LOTD
The pigmentation could be better :(

Oooohhhsss and Aaaahhhhss!!
1. Baked shadow for the first time in India :)
2. The darker shade of the due is actually beautiful and could be used very innovatively for smokey eye looks
3. Doesn't cause allergies of reactions
4. Odorless
5. They look cute on the dresser!
Ouches!
1. Huge fallout problem
2. Doesn't stay on for long
3. Creases easily
4. Expensive for a duo
Price
It costs INR 595.00
Repurchase
Sighhhh.. My mind tell me no but I am greedy for eye shadows and I might just check out another shade ;)
Would I Recommend?
As you can see that this product has failed to impress me at all. It's very rare that I give negative reviews to any product but this one really was not worth the amount I spent on it... So no I do not recommend thsi product.
Overall Rating
6/10