Sunday, December 18, 2011

Review & LOTD: Illamasqua Powder Blush in Morale

Ever happened to you that you hear people talking about something over and over again and then suddenly one fine morning you make up your mind to get it for yourself as well? LOL... That's exactly what happened to me when the biggies in the Indian Beauty Blog-o-sphere were all talking about "Illamasqua" day after day and well I had to have one too :P So when I got the opportunity I got myself this blush from Illamasqua and well yes I am glad that I did! :)

Illamasqua they say is make-up for your alter ego. It is for the bolder person hiding inside all of us. It is an act and an attitude. A symbol of tolerance. A celebration of idiosyncrasies. A confident statement of self-ownership.

The shade Morale, which is from the "theatre of the nameless" collection is a bold fuschia and it sure isn't the kind of shade that looks really bright in the pan but is pretty sheer and "wearable" in person. Rather, Morale is a shade that seems to be proud of its "brightness" and is as bright in person as is in the pan! :) It has these teeny tiny shimmer particles as well that make it a very "bold" blush shade!
  
Image of the product
Illamasqua Powder Blush in Morale
Illamasqua Powder Blush in Morale
Swatches
Bright Bright Bright Pink!
Pink and Shimmer!
LOTD
The Blush on Me!


Oooohhsss and Aaahhhss!!!
1. Highly pigmented
2. Stays on for long. It stayed on me for about 7 hours of shopping in Mumbai's humidity!
3. Does not cause allergies or reactions.
4. It has a very soft and velvety texture.
5. Buildable but isn't really required!
6. It imparts a healthy rosy glow to your cheeks when applied properly.
7. Love love love the classy Illamasqua pachaging.

Ouches!!!
1. It is on the expensive side
2. It is not available in India

Price
It costs £16.50 on the Illamasqua website


Repurchase
Am sure that this blush will take me a lifetime to finish, but other shades from this range will definitely be on my purchase list :)

Would I Recommend it?
If you are into bold and bright, then woman this is the shade for you and you go for it! :) But if you like subtle, natural, nude looks then I would advise you to stay away :)

Overall Rating  
8.5/10