Saturday, December 10, 2011

Meet The Bloggers: Anshita from Vanity No Apologies

The blogging world has given me some really good friends who have encouraged me, been supportive and have of course taught me loads of things... When I read their (your) comments, chat with you on FB/gtalk or even chat with you through comments on other blogs, I feel a sense of bonding with you all... I am sure you guys feel the same as well... We blogging friends are people who haven't really met each other and might not even ever meet each other but still gel with each other really well :) I just realised the other day that there are so many of my such friends that I would like to get to know more...

So, I am starting a feature called "Meet the Bloggers" where I will be featuring a blogger (anyone amongst) us every Saturday, so that we all get to know about each other :) You know spread the love ladies! :D

This week, Anshita from Vanity No Apologies is being featured... 
She is a connoisseur of make-up and seems to prefer hoarding them rather than using them is what she claims! She has a fun blog where she writes about fashion, makeup and her apparent aversion to Pink and Hello Kitty ;) So here goes...

Full Name Please: Anshita

Any pretty/hot pic of you in your make-up :) haha! okay not full blown makeup but here I was trying a very day time natural look. I was not at all planning to put it up so no smile! May be my nose looks a little out of place here but hey this was a very random phone click okay! 
Anshita from Vanity No Apologies :)
Since how long have you been blogging: My blog will celebrate its first anniversary at the end of this month. I also have a personal blog (Pages From My Diary). As the name suggests, its like my e-diary which I started in June 2010.


Your favorite blog (apart from you own): The first blog I read all the way down to the first post was Jiya's blog "Confessions of a Shoppaholic" now "Shoppng, Style and Us". The thing I love is her passion for blogging. She never cares about the follower count or the number of comments. She just blogs like no one is reading..which is what I adore! The number of similarities we have is kind of scary! May be that is why we always enjoy reading each other's posts. 


What does make-up mean to you: Makeup to me is fun. Its a great mood uplifter when you are low. Like if I'm really bored or irritated or just plain sad, I wear a bright lipstick and click a thousand pictures and it always make me happy! Also I like showing a little acne or scar when I go out, it makes me look real and less plastic. Its more about fun than perfection to me.


Lipstick girl or a Lip Gloss Girl: Lipsticks. I wish I could wear lipglosses more but my thick lips dont allow me that flexibility.


Kajal or Eye Liner: Kajal. It was the sole makeup I wore during my whole school life. And now I can't be seen without it. I look like either I'm sleep deprived or cried my eyes out when I don't wear it and people keep asking what's wrong with me!


Black Smoky eyes and Nude Lips or Nude eyes and Red Lips: Smokey eyes and nude lips. But I would like to mention that I'm forever on my search for the perfect nude lips. Sigh.


Pink Nail Polish or Black Nail Polish: Any damn colour. I LOVE colours.


Favorite brand of cosmetics for Lipsticks: I think Maybelline has got a nice variety in their Color Sensational range. MAC has some really pretty options in their permanent line.


Favorite brand of cosmetics for Eye Shadows: That has to be Inglot. They have every damn colour possible in every damn finish I could ask for. Like I love turquoise on eyes and they have the same shade in matte, pearl, sparkle and shine. My favourite is 372 Matte.


Favorite brand of cosmetics for Eye Liners: Coastal Scents has got a decent variety in gel liners. Closer home, Colorbar makes one of the best eye pencils around. Apart from that, Diana of London makes some great quality pencils too.


Favorite brand of cosmetics for Blushes: I'm all for liquid and cream blushes. I suggest you try Inglot or Mufe liquid blushes and NYX cream blushes. Apart from that I also like MAC Peaches a lot.


Favorite brand of cosmetics for Foundations: My sensitive skin doesn't allow me the flexibility to test and try each and every brand out there. So I stick to either Bourjois or Revlon for that. I also like Mac Studio Fix a lot which my best friend has so may be I will get that next.