Saturday, December 24, 2011

REVIEW & LOTD: MAC Matte Lipstick in Chili

Rudolph the Red nosed reindeer had a very shiny nose... Think Christmas and colors that essentially pop up in your head are Red, Green and White... With Red so much in season and me in love with Red Lips, it was obvious that I would go and pick myself up another Red lippy :) Red lips might just seem something to be wary of, but if you trust me, I'd say Red lips is something that is the easiest to carry off... Am I crazy is what you ask but trust me... Of course I'll cover this in another post (so you guys do stay put). 

Like I said I love Red lips and I love matte lippies, my obvious choice thus had to be MAC Matte Lipstick in Chili. MAC Chili, is one shade that I have been having a hard time finding a swatch or review for online, so I decided to do a review of it ASAP :)

MAC Chili is a matte lipstick and isn't exactly a blood Red. You may say that it is more of a brown based Red or more precisely a burnt orange based Red. Of course I have posted a comparison image in this post too, so that it is easier for you guys to judge the shade more accurately :)

Another point that I would like to cover is the fact about MAC Matte lipsticks being dry or not. I mostly own MAC lipsticks in Amplified Creme and Lustre. I wanted to try out the matte range too, but I had heard very negative reviews of the MAC matte range about them being very dry and hence I was refraining from spending about a grand for something that was deemed doomed (love the way it sounds!). However, when I swatched Chili, I knew that it was something that I had to have irrespective of the texture of the lipstick. But fortunately, MAC Matte Lipsticks work for me and they don't make my lips dry or chapped :)

Image of the Product
MAC Matte Lipstick in Chili
MAC Matte Lipstick in Chili
Swatches
Swatch: MAC Matte Lipstick in Chili
Comparison Swatches
I am comparing MAC Chili with two of my other favorite Red lippies, which are Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick in Hot Hot Hot and Lakme Absolute Matte Lipstick in Classy Rose.
Colorbar Hot Hot Hot is a blue based red and Lakme Absolute Classic Rose is a perfect orange based Red.
(L-R): Colorbar Hot Hot Hot, MAC Chili, Lakme Absolute Classic Rose
LOTD
Oooohhhss and Aaaahhhss!!!
1. It is a beautiful shade of red, wearable and "safe".
2. Does not cause reactions or darkening of lips.
3. This range of lipsticks has a lot of shades to choose from.
4. The lipstick has a choco-vanilla flavor, which is signature to MAC lippies
5. The lipstick is really opaque and hence gives very good coverage. Ideal for pigmented lips.
6. It has good staying power and stays on, on the lips even a after numerous cups of tea/coffee and a meal in between :)

Ouches!
1. It is on the expensive side!
2. Some might find it drying cause it is matte in texture
Price
It costs INR 990/-

Repurchase
Definitely! If I cannot finish the tube then other shades from this range for sure :)
Would I Recommend
Oh yes! It's a beautiful shade, a "safe" red and very wearable!

Overall Rating
9.5/10