Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Make-Up for Office: Soft Smokey Eyes

Just today while going through my post list on my blogger dashboard I realised that I was totally getting swamped doing product reviews! 90% of the posts that I have been doing since the last 6 months have been on product reviews and that could mean only two things. One that I have been shopping for make-up recklessly and second that my readers (yes you all) would soon be bored of my blog because of it;s monotony :( (Tell me that wont happen and you'll make my day! Yay! :P) So anyways, in order to inspire myself to do some things different, I came up with this new idea of doing a section called "Make-Up for office" where I'll be portraying what I generally do for make-up in office. Since these will be my real life office looks, so you can be assured that they'll be wearable and not dramatic :P So anyways, lets get started with the first of the series :)

I have joined a new company and here I have been going through an unending series of technical trainings and technology ramp-ups that have left me exhausted and drained out. The whole prospect of reaching office early in the morning and attending three hour long sessions of these trainings is enough to make me go back to sleep and take a leave maybe :P Today was one of those days and well I really needed to jump start my day in order to inspire me to go to office. So I decided to do a smokey eye to Office! Now before you all exclaim saying she did a smokey eye for office, let me tell you all it was very office appropriate and did not rob me off of my professionalism :)

So here's the soft smokey eye I did...
Soft Grey Smokey Eyes
Eye defined well using a black eye liner

The complete Look!

Products Used:
Face
No base makeup.

Eyes
1. MAC Paint Pot in Painterly as base
2. Oriflame Mono Eye Shadows in Smoky Rose and Midnight Black
3. Colorbar Water Proof liquid liner
4. Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner for the waterline
5. Maxfactor False Lash Effect Mascara

Lips
1. Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick in Creme Cup1

Cheeks
1. Colorbar Blush in Plum Brown
 
I plan to post a tutorial for this. But I am ready with a pictorial tutorial and not a video one. Will that do?
What kind of make-up do you do for office or college?