Thursday, January 19, 2012

TUTORIAL: Soft Gray Smokey Eyes

As promised in the morning today, I am here with a tutorial on soft gray smokey eyes, which was the first of my "Makeup for Office" series :) 
Soft Smokey Eyes for Office
 Before I start with the pictures, let me give you guys a few pointers:
1. For doing any kind of smokey eyes, it is important to keep in mind that the black or the dark shade that we want to use in the crease should be matte and no other finish.

2. Since it's a smokey eye for OFFICE and for the DAY, it is important to keep the whole smokey effect subtle and hence the black shadow that I have used is of less pigmentation. Plus while blending it in the crease I have kept a very light hand.

3. Finally, a good blending brush is an essential for a well blended out smokey eye.

The Products Used:
The Products Used
For the eyes I used:
Face
No base makeup.

Eyes
1. MAC Paint Pot in Painterly as base
2. Oriflame Mono Eye Shadows in Smoky Rose and Midnight Black
3. Colorbar Water Proof liquid liner
4. Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner for the waterline
5. Maxfactor False Lash Effect Mascara

Lips
1. Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick in Creme Cup1

Cheeks
1. Colorbar Blush in Plum Brown
 

The Tutorial
1. First off, I applied MAC Painterly all over my lids and prepared the base. 
2. Then taking the gray shadow using an eye shadow brush, I applied it all over my lids in a pat-pat motion.


















3. Next taking some black shadow with my Faces Blending Brush No 106, apply it in my crease and blend well with the gray shadow in a to and from motion.


















See the left eye for directions about where to place the black shadow and the right eye denotes the finished blended out look.

4. Finally, apply some liner and mascara and your eyes are set to rock :)
Observe the lightly applied black eye shadow in the crease area and see how it has been blended into the gray shadow giving it a smoked out look.

For the rest of the face, I applied some blush and a nude lippy :)