Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Goto Red Lipsticks

A few days ago I had done a post on how I feel that Red Lipsticks were for everyone. For those who missed it could check it out here. I had mentioned there that I have been doing a lot of trials and experiments in order to zero-on on the perfect Red lipstick for me and in this post I have come up with the Reds that look most flattering on me. Do note that these Reds aren't of any particular tone/undertone and span over a variety of brands... So here goes...

(L-R): B&D is shade 145, Faces Satin Matte in Claret Red, MAC Matte Chili, Lakme Absolute Matte in Classic Rose, Colorbar Velvet Matte in Hot Hot Hot
Red Lipsticks

It is a delightful orange based Red lipstick with a tinge of Coral to it. It is one shade that suit Indian skintones that are on the fairer side. It is a bright neony Red and is quite an in the face color. It isn't for the weak hearted ;) and is sure guarantee attention to the wearer. SO wear it if you want to be the focus of the party ladies! :)

2. Faces Satin Matte Lipstick in Claret Red
This a deep blue toned Red and is very different from the previous lippy I spoke about. The shade reminds me of a dark rose type color and well this is one Red, which I feel will suit most Indian skintones. The shade has a sophisticated and a classy feel to it and should be essentially worn during the evenings/nights. The lipstick is not a "fun" Red but a "deep" and mysterious Red. 

I would describe MAC Chili to be a brownish Red lipstick that is guaranteed to suit mostly medium skintones and hence is perfect for our Indian complexions :) It I guess isn't very popular cause it doesn't have many online reviews as compared to other MAC lippies. But ladies if you are looking for a no-fail Red lippy then this is the one for you :) You can check out my review for swatches and stuff if you like :) It is not a "siren" Red but another one of those sophisticated and an elegant Red :)

This shade is very close to MAC Chili, the difference being that it is less brown and more Orange. It is a fun counterpart of Chili and very very flattering to the skintone. It has the ability to make you look all glowy and flawless. It does magic I swear :) Though it is called "Classic Rose", it is in no way close to a rosy red shade. On the contrary it is more of an Orangish Red.

Now this is a true SIREN RED and when I say siren, I mean a true post box red with lots of punch and an unmistakable oomph factor :) It is matte, it doesn't transfer and well it is a true Red. If you can carry it off then woman the world is at your feet! :)

Which are your "GOTO" Red Lipsticks?