Tuesday, January 10, 2012

TOOLS REVIEW: Faces Dual Ended Sharpener

I have been lately collecting a lot of eye pencils,  mostly, Colorbar I-Glides and Faces Long Wear ones and it was just a matter of time when I would have to go in search of a sharpener. And well just like clockwork, within using the pencils for a couple of days, I had to get myself a sharpening tool. As I was in Mumbai during that time, I went to Beauty Center and got myself the Faces Dual Ended sharpener as I required a "fat sharpener" for my Colorbar Instant Cover Concealer Pencil as well. Imagine the excitement I was in thinking how lucky I got with dual ended sharpener.
Faces Canada Dual Ended Sharpener

But Alas! the "fatter" end of the sharpener worked wonderfully well with the Colorbar Concealer pencil, but the "thinner" end of the sharpener refused to sharpen my Colorbar I-Glide pencils one bit. Imagine my horror!!! Then one fine day I read somewhere on one of the blogs that Colorbar sharpeners fit only Colorbar pencils. So using the same logic (corollary actually), I reasoned then maybe Faces sharpener would sharpen only Faces pencils. So, I went ahead to sharpen my Faces Long Wear pencil and imagine my horror when I realised that the Faces sharpener refused to sharpen a Faces pencil as well!!!!

I mean helloooo... you are supposed to at least be loyal to your own brand, sharpener!!!

So well I am on the lookout for a new sharpener :(

PRICE
It costs INR 99

RATING
5/10 (5 for fat sharpener, 0 for thin sharpener)

PURCHASED FROM:
Beauty Center, Crawford Market, Mumbai 

P.S.
I don't if this is a problem with all Faces sharpener or I ended up getting a bad piece. If any one has had good experience with the smaller end of the sharpener then do share with us your experience too :)