Thursday, January 12, 2012

REVIEW & LOTD: Bharat & Dorris Cream Eye Liner in Shade 14

Bharat & Dorris Cream Liner in Shade 14
I had my brush with makeup first when I was in my Std XII i.e. around 10.5 years back (ok thats a decade and I am old!). It was my birthday and one of the neighbor aunties had gifted me an Elle 18 liquid liner and a StreetWear Lip Gloss. These were my first cosmetics and unlike 99% of the blogging population, I initially never wore any kajal. It was only liquid liner on my upper lids and gloss :) I had then decided that I was never a gloss girl so my staple used to be just an eye liner. I am a KV product, you Kendriya Vidyalaya (Central School) and used to wear a Blue and white Salwar Kameez as a uniform, which was quite a nightmare as we used to be incessantly teased by the chicks in Army Public School (Oh those were the days!). I used to hate the uniform then but very surprisingly I was pleasantly reminded of it when I went for the movie "Pappu can't dance saala" and Neha Dhupia wears the same "uniform" in the opening song of the movie :) And she looked every bit of the "hanger" that we used to look in school :) Hanger is what the boys used to call us girls who "bloomed late" :P Yes I was one of them... hahahahaha! Let me say it again.. Ahh those were the days :D
Neha Dhupia in the :uniform" :P
So anyways, the fact that I used to hate my uniform made me start wearing eyeliner to school (Std XII) as a mark of rebellion and well in the twelfth standard, the teachers also give up disciplining us and leave us to our Pre-boards and Board examinations :) Then after my twelfth standard, I was asked by an NDA cadet to go to his NDA ball for which I went to a parlor and got some make-up done and well that started the whole deal and then as they say, the rest is history ;) From then on I was really drawn towards eye make-up and it still is my favorite make-up. I can do without everything, but I need my kajal and liner for sure :) Due to this affinity towards eye liners, I was drawn towards the eye liner collection at the Bharat & Dorris store and picked up shades 12 and 14.
Before I start my review, let me tell you all that I only wear dark shades of liners on my eye. Dark blue, dark green, dark purple... You get the drift... But at the B&D store, I couldn't find any dark shades. All were nice bright shades and well I ended up picking up shades 12 and 14. I am reviewing 14 today and a review for 12 will be up soon as well :)

Shade 14 as you all can see is a nice bright violet and it has a matte finish. Texture wise it isn't as runny as MAC fluidlines. It is quite viscous and I am scared that they might just dry up in the Winter dryness :( But the samples at the store were not at all dry and so I am hoping that mine stay put as well :) The liner as such comes in a cute heavy plastic "dibbi" container with a black lid as you can see. My first impression was that the container was glass, but then realised that no it wasn't glass but some heavy plastic. It doesn't really look tacky and neither does it look classy. It just looks well practical :P But yes, I think the cream liners have the best packaging when compared to the other products of Bharat and Dorris. The eye liner as such is really long stay, so much so that it borders on being stubborn! It just refuses to come off!!! I tried with water, then face wash, then moisturised baby wipes but it was so difficult to get it off :( It kinda reminded me of Maybelline Colossal Volume Waterproof Mascara! LOL!

Image of the Product:
Bharat & Dorris Cream Liner in Shade 14
Swatch:
Swatch: Bharat & Dorris Cream Liner No 14
LOTD:
Eye Swatch: Bharat & Dorris Cream Liner No 14
Eye Swatch: Bharat & Dorris Cream Liner No 14 
Oooohhsss And Aaaahhhss!!!
1. Stays on for very long
2. Good pigmentation
3. Does not smudge or smear
4. Needs really less time to settle
5. Has some really fun and bright shades in the range.

Ouches!!
1. It is really stubborn and does not come off easily :(
2. They have shade numbers and not names :(
3. I would like them to come out with some nice dark and deep shades inn this range.
4. It would be perfect if they came with liner brushes.

Price
It costs INR 395/-


Repurchase?
Yes for sure if I get some dark shades in it!

Would I Recommend?
Oh yes! To all those ladies who love some color on their eyes :) B&D boasts of some lovely bright and fun colors in their cream eye liner range :)

Overall Rating
8/10