Tuesday, January 24, 2012

REVIEW & LOTD: Faces Mineral Eye Shine Trio In BeechWood

There are times in one's life when we need to veer from our comfort zones, our traditional choices, our favorites and do something unexpected or try something that you know just isn't you. I am not saying change for others but if you watch Dexter then you'll know when I say that sometimes you need to blend in ;) So what is the unexpected that I recently did? haha well, instead of buying a smokey palette or bright shades, I go out and get myself a neutral eye shadow palette. Yup that is what counts as "unexpected" for me :P I am sure many of your girls know what I mean :) Why did I get it? The reason is as simple as wanting something "appropriate" for office ;)

How do I like it? Well I feel that I am in Neutral Heaven and well I am totally enjoying this new palette of mine :) The shadows are all various shades of brown but are as different as they could be. The dark brown and the highlighter shades are matte while the medium shade is satin. They have some really good staying power even without a base. They have decent pigmentation, nothing to be gung-ho about but they work well and I like them :) They look chalky in the palette when they sure are not :)

Image of the Product

Faces Minerals Eye Shine Trio
Faces Minerals Eye Shine Trio
Faces Minerals Eye Shine Trio in Beechwood
Swatches


LOTD


Ooohhss And Aaaahhhs!!
1. It is a well co-ordinated neutral palette perfect for every day use.
2. Decent pigmentation.
3. Has really good staying power even without a primer or base.
4. The case is sleek and hence can be easily carried around in your purse, even a clutch ;)
5. Comes with a nice BIG mirror, which seriously is ultra helpful.
6. The sponge applicator that comes with it isn't totally useless and is of pretty good quality.
7. The shadows apply smoothly and are very easily blendable.

Ouches!!
1. The case from outside has an "old, used" look :(
2. Some may find 600/- for this palette a bit on the expensive side especially if you compare it to the Maybelline Chai Latte Quad.

Price
It costs INR 599/- but I got it on sale for INR 299/- :)

Repurchase
If I do get over with it then definitely but I don't think I will be picking up other shades from this range.

Would I Recommend?
Oh yes! If you are looking for a nice neutral palette for your office or college or even for those "natural no make-up" days then this is the palette for you!!

Overall Rating
8.5/10