Tuesday, January 10, 2012

REVIEW, APLLICATION & REMOVAL: Faces Cosmetics Airbrush Nails - French Manicure

I had earlier posted a preview post of the Faces Airbrush Nails that I had purchased a couple of days back from the Faces store in Phoenix Market City in Pune. As I have been wearing these "nails" since a couple of days now, I guess I shall be able to now give you all a complete and thorough review of it.

According to what I saw in the store, Faces has launched these airbrush nails in a variety of patterns, from basic french manicures to decorative french manicures, from bright neon "nails" to textured and patterned nail arts for 299/- and 399/-. I was a bit apprehensive about using false nails in the beginning but the more I browsed through the available options the more I got tempted and well I went ahead and bought these french manicured airbrush nails :)

The whole kit contains 24 pieces of these nails of assorted and various sizes, a nail glue tube and an applicator stick that has a hook on one end and a suction cap on the other. I put on the nails on Saturday night and took them off just right now i.e. on Tuesday night. In these three days, I washed my hair, cooked meals, did my office, went to the gym and even washed utensils (cause my maid decides she needs a vacation for three days!) and well the nails stay put! They did not budge. Just once while cleaning out my cupboard after washing utensils did one nail (from the ring finger) pop off. But I re-stuck it with the nail glue. So all in all, a great experience :)


BUT its terribly difficult to take off :( You need keep your fingers dipped in acetone for at least 5 minutes. I tried to pull off the "nail" without dipping it in acetone and it almost uprooted one of my real nails!!! 

Image of the Product:

 
How To Apply?
1. Sort through the 24 "nails" and choose 10 that would fit each of your nails/fingers.
2. Lay them out on the table consecutively.
3. Make sure that your nautral nails are shorter than the ones that you'll  be applying.
4. Then taking the apllicator stick and holding each nail by the suction end of the stick apply a layer of glue generously over the back of the airbrush nail.
5. Flip over the "nail" and stick it over your real nails. Make sure that you apply the airbrush nail from where the skin ends, leaving no ugly gaps between the airbrush nails and the end of the skin on the real nail :)

 
How To Remove?
1. The package says to dip your nails in a cup of acetone. That works but it takes a lot of time.

 
Image of the Nails:

Oooohss And Aaaahhs!!!
1. The nail glue is strong and hold the nails well.
2. Not painful
3. After applying the airbrush nails, you can go on with your daily day to day activities.

4. Perfect for parties and weddings for the thoroughly well groomed look.
5. Does not chip :)
6. The whole process of application is very easy and convenient.
7. The glue dries up real fast
8. Very easy on the pocket as well.

Ouches!!
1. The nail glue smells of "kwikfix". That is a bit scary initially.
2. Cleaning under the nails is a bit difficult.
3. You need to trim your natural nails before applying these.

4. The removal process is very time taking and one needs to be really patient.

Price:
It costs INR 299/-

Repurchase? 

I am not sure :( The removal process is not very convenient!

Would I Recommend?
Hmmmm I don't know! Though apart from the removal process they are a  great option for a well turned out and polished look.


Overall Rating:
7/10 


P.S. Though these nails look pretty and removal by dipping your nails in acetone is fairly convenient, but do bear in mind that prolonged exposure of your natural nails to acetone isn't healthy! 
Also please read comment 4 before making your purchases :P