Monday, January 23, 2012

REVIEW & LOTD: Maybelline Clear Glow BB Cream

With all the hype going around about BB creams and stuff, it isn't a surprise that we are all very curious and excited about getting our hands on the newly launched Maybelline's BB Cream. I am no exception and I got myself the BB cream as soon as it was available in the stores :) The only difference lies in the fact that originally BB creams are an acronym for Blemish Balms but Maybelline's BB stands for "Bright Benefit". Huh? Yeah! :P

So anyways, I got myself this BB cream on Saturday from the Maybelline counter at Pantaloons where they were giving a discount of 15% off on all Maybelline products :) Yay Yay! Now you ask me as to how do I rate it? Well I kinda have mixed feelings about this product. It's good no doubt and it does make my skin look all even and blemish free and even flawless but I guess my discomfort stems from the fact that I am uncomfortable with anything on my face excepting moisturisers. I feel that I look artificial :( You guys take a look at my pic and tell me if it so.

The Maybelline BB cream comes in three variants: Nude, Radiance and Natural.

So how does it feel? I found it a bit drying not that it showed on my face. My skin actually looked wonderful and flawless. No complaints on that account. It truly makes me look blemish free and even toned. But texture wise the cream is a bight "tight", I mean it doesn't smoothen out easily and is not "runny". I'll do a point by point review of it in the coming sections :)

Image of the Product:
Maybeliine ClearGlow BB Cream


LOTD:
BB creak on face and upper neck. No BB cream at the base of my neck.

Ooohhss And Aaahhhss!!
1. True to it's claim it does brighten, evens out and makes the skin look all flawless and blemish-free.
2. Did not result in any reactions or irritation.
3. Does not make my skin oily at all, it rather mattifies my skin.
4.  It isn't very expensive.
5. Widely available at all Maybelline counters.
6. It doesn't oxidize or turn Orange
7. It isn't a foundation or a concealer and hence don't expect good coverage :)
 
Ouches!!
1. It costs Rs.199/- for just 15ml of product.
2. It feels a bit dry and not very hydrating.


Price
Rs.199/- for 15ml

Repurchase?
I think I will ;)

Would I Recommend?
If you are not uncomfortable with using foundations or bases and if you dont need much coverage then this is the right product for you :)


Overall Rating:
8/10