Wednesday, January 11, 2012

REVIEW & LOTD: Bharat & Dorris Lipstick No. 145

You know how much I love Red lipsticks and so to me it makes a lot of sense that whenever I go hauling to any make-up store, I pick a Red lippy for me randomly. Yes yes you too must try this out and share with me the feeling of exhilaration :P LOL... So anyways while hauling at Bharat & Dorris the other day, it made perfect sense for me to purchase a Red Lippy from there too. I got myself this shade numbered as 145. Here, let me pause my review and again complain about how inconvenient and difficult I find it is to remember and refer to make-up products by numbers rather than shade names. You see these beautiful and some of them downright gorgeous creatures made by God man deserve a lot of affection from us. Therefore they deserve names and not Roll numbers!

Now coming back to the review... Shade 145 is a gorgeous Red, which has a tiny hint of Coral in it. The shade is gorgeously bright and really in the face in a good way though ;) The image of the lipstick here shows the shade to be Orange but if you look at the swatch and my lip swatch, you can see the true color of the lippy...

The packaging of the lippy is a bit curious. It is in the shape of a tiny "missile" just like a MAC lippy. The finishing of the case is a rubbery velvetty kind, very similar to that of Sleek lipsticks but of a lower quality. The printing of "B&D Professional" also could have been better! From the outside it looks kind of cheap :( Once you open the cap of the lipstick, you feel that the whole apparatus from inside to be not so sturdy... No no not the stick but the whole contraption of the lip stick and the holder moves to and fro and that doesn't give a good quality feeling :(

The texture and the quality of the lipstick as such is really good. Its highly opaque, glides on like silk, no smell and no tingling sensation and stuff. My only complain is that it isn't transfer resistant and a Red lipstick that transfers color on whichever surface it touches (yes yes Pun intended) is a complete boo boo for me! :( I know you say that it's just for 350 bucks but really Colorbar Velvet Matte Lippies at 220/- have never given me the headache of stressing over me leaving lip marks on my cup rim especially during meetings. It's just plain tacky!

The staying power is decent and it does fade/transfer out to a lovely coral red stain, which actually looks gorgeous!

Image of the Product:
Bharat & Dorris Lipstick in Shade No 145
Swatches:
B&D Shade no 145, Colorbar Velvet Matte in Hot Hot Hot, MAC Chili
Bharat & Dorris Lipstick in Shade No. 145
LOTD:

Ooohhsss And Aaaahhsss!!
1. Gorgeous shade of Red.
2. Pocket Friendly
3. Does not have any odor
4. No reactions or irritations to my lips.
5. Glides on really smoothly
6. Does not dry my lips.

Ouches!
1. It is not transfer resistant. I keep leaving lip marks everywhere :(
2. The quality of the whole packaging should be improved. It looks cheap and tacky.
3. Availability is an issue. Bharat and Dorris products are available only in Mumbai and Pune.

Price
It costs INR 350/-

Repurchase?
No bright colors for me from this range :( But yeah the Cream Lipstick range of lipsticks from Bharat and Dorris seem to be of a better quality and has a yummy flavor too :) So I guess I'll try the other range :)

Would I Recommend?
Not really. I don't think I would recommend to anyone especially to Red Lipstick virgins!

Overall Rating
7.5/10